Summary of the General Operational Objectives of APA
- To promote communication between members of the planetarium profession both within Africa and internationally.
- To improve the quality of planetarium programming and African content by providing educational opportunities to the Members.
- To promote a public awareness of the value of planetariums as educational institutions.
- To provide publications, activities, services and training of benefit to the Members.
- To solicit and receive grants, contributions, and other property; to enter into contracts; to engage necessary personnel and services; and to transfer, hold, and invest such property as necessary for the furtherance of the purposes and activities of the Association.
The activities of the APA will not only focus on growing the expertise of its community but will also focus on having a significant impact outside its own membership by collaborating with various partners and stakeholders.